To install Bloqs move the
/addons/bloqs/directory to your
/system/user/addons/folder. Also copy the
/themes/user/bloqs/folder to the
/themes/user/directory in your ExpressionEngine install. Login to your control panel and visit the Developer > Add-ons page, and click the Install link for Bloqs.
As a result of the Add-on name change, updating from Blocks (EE2) to Bloqs (EE53) is a tad bit misleading during one part of the process, but rest assured all will work out and you will be up and running in no time.
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- 1.Upgrade your ExpressionEngine 2 installation to the latest version of ExpressionEngine 3. (upgrading from EE2 to EE3)
- 3.In the
/system/user/addonsdirectory of your (recently upgaded) ExpressionEngine installation, locate and delete the “blocks” folder. This is the old version of Blocks which is only compatible with EE2.
- 4.In the
/themes/userdirectory of your ExpressionEngine installations, locate and delete the
- 5.Open up the Bloqs package you downloaded in Step 2, and move the
/system/user/addons/bloqsfolder into the
/system/user/addonsdirectory of your ExpressionEngine installation.
- 6.Move the
/themes/user/bloqsfolder into the
/themes/userdirectory of your ExpressionEngine installation.
- 7.Now, login to your ExpressionEngine Control Panel and open up the Add-on Manager view.
- 8.(Here’s where things are a bit misleading). Locate ‘Bloqs’ in the Third Party Add-Ons list. You’ll notice that it’s grayed out with a button that says “Install” next to it. Don’t panic! If Bloqs was already installed on your EE2 site, it’s still there - you haven’t lost anything. Just click the button that says ‘Install.’
- 9.The Bloqs update routine will run and handle the Blocks to Bloqs conversion process.
- 10.That’s it, you’re all set to go!